History banner
On February 6, 1949, there was an organizational meeting held at Immanuel Baptist Church of Florence, SC to discuss the birth of what is now known as Calvary Baptist Church. The first service was held the following Sunday on February 13.
Sixty-Nine people formed the initial membership. Charter membership status
was based on a one-month time period. By February 27, when the charter
membership month ended, 126 were on the church roll. 
On Easter Sunday, April 10, the little congregation gathered on the Arlington Circle property off Cherokee Road and dedicated the land to the glory of God
as the future site of Calvary. The rest is history… 
History2
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 3.36.04 PM